Dry or Dehydrated Skin is a top skincare concern. It can happen to any of us at any time. It can be caused by seasonal changes; lifestyle shifts or environmental impact. Dry skin can be a result of pregnancy or nursing, too much sun, not enough water, illness, aging or a number of other factors. Whatever the reason or cause, there is only one way to effectively rebalance dry skin, and that is to restore moisture.
Farmaesthetics Skincare Routine for Dry/Dehydrated Skin:
- Step 1: Cleanse the skin by washing with Farmaesthetics Fine Herbal Cleanser to cleanse without stripping the skin of its natural balance of oils and moisture. Ingredients include True Geranium & Lavender Oil, both having a normalizing effect on sebum production, the much-needed natural lubricant in healthy skin.
- Step 2: Exfoliating the face is a fundamental prep-step to moisture application. Moisture must penetrate to nourish skin tissue, so first remove dead, dry cells on the skin’s surface. Removing these barriers preps the skin for optimal moisture intake. Since dry skin is often thin and sensitive, we recommend Farmaesthetics Organic Sweet Milk & Rose Petal Facial Exfoliate to provide gentle yet effective, Lactic Acid exfoliation while infusing tissue with the soothing properties of rose petals to help increase circulation.
- Step 3: Once skin is clean, exfoliated and still damp, apply Farmaesthetics Nutrient Dense Fine Facial Oil with massage. Massaging skin when applying face oils, lotions or creams is important to help increase circulation in the tiny blood vessels that provide nourishment to feed the skin.
- Step 4: Moisturize and Protect skin from moisture loss. Next apply our rich synthetic-free moisturizing cream to face, neck, décolleté and eye area. Farmaesthetics Nourishing Herbal Cream is a rich, protective beeswax-based, calendula cream that not only infuses healthy oils and moisture into tissue, the added essential oils of lavender and rose gently stimulate sebaceous glands to function more efficiently.
Pro tips for treating dry/dehydrated skin:
- Add a teaspoon of good organic olive oil to the diet everyday
- Apply a moisturizing mask to weekly routine, especially after being exposed to sun, cold or any environmental extremes. Herbal Hydration Complex Remedy Reserve Mask restores hydration levels, while calming inflammation, reducing redness and protecting skin from further moisture loss
- Avoid sun, stress, sugar, and smoking
- Mist skin throughout the day with a hydrosol or “water” that contains vegetable glycerin, an ingredient that serves as a humectant, grabbing moisture from the air and binding it to the skin, hence the “dewey” look after application. Farmaesthetics Classic Waters can be used at night and throughout the day to refresh and retain proper moisture levels.